27 January 2011

Coconut cupcakes with vanilla buttercream

The cupcakes in the pictures of my new retro dresses topper range are coconut flavoured with vanilla butter cream. yum yum.

Straight out of the oven, I couldn't taste the coconut and I could smell egg... which is a real no-no for me... if you have read my other posts you will know I hate that eggy smell.

  BUT!..... the next day they tasted wicked... and we tried very hard to leave them for everyone else to eat, but once we started, we couldn't stop! My DH and I ate 3 each!! :} (there goes my diet. again. stop baking cupcakes Janelle!!).

Here is the easy-peasy yummy-scrummy recipe!

Coconut cupcakes!
Ingredients
100 grams of soft butter (or dairy free spread)
1/3 cup of white sugar (or whatever you use to sweeten: syrups etc)
1 egg
1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
2 tsp of coconut flavouring 
a pinch of salt
1/4 cup coconut milk (or milk or soy)
1 tbs of corn flour
3/4 cup of self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder

Directions:
1.mix butter, sugar, egg, salt, and flavouring together with an electric beater.
2. mix in by hand, the coconut milk and then the flours and baking powder
3. put a small table spoon of mixture into each cupcake paper, 1 1/2 if you want cupcakes to pop up higher.
4. Bake in oven @180dC for 10-15 mins. Test they are cooked inside, don't wait for them to go golden on top as they might go dry. 


Vanilla Butter-cream
Beat with an electric mix: 250gms of butter to 500gms of pure icing sugar (not the icing mixture) and 1 tbs of vanilla extract/essence of flavouring. Your favourite colour and you're good to go! Remember to wait for the cupcakes to cool down!! :)

1 comment:

  1. What a cute little cupcake and what a delicious flavor for it. I have a linky party on my blog every week called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by this weekend and link this up.

    ReplyDelete

We heart comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...